Oligo Synthesis Scientist
STRICTLY NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES
The oligo synthesis scientist will play a key role in our aptamer production workflow, they will be working closely with both the production and R&D team to fulfill customer and research-related goals. The successful candidate will be responsible for the design, synthesis, and analysis of oligonucleotides. The candidate is expected to help establish the oligo synthesis department and produce protocols.
Required Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate and maintain oligonucleotide synthesis platforms, HPLCs and other scientific equipment.
- Method/process development for improved oligonucleotide synthesis and purification processes.
- Design and perform automated high throughput solid-phase synthesis, purification, and analysis of novel oligonucleotides with chemical modifications.
- Design and perform various bioconjugation strategies and techniques to prepare novel oligonucleotide conjugates.
- Author standard operating procedures and maintain well documented electronic/laboratory notebooks.
- Support both the production and R&D teams with oligonucleotide synthesis requirements.
Required Skills and Expertise:
- A PhD in nucleic acid chemistry or organic chemistry and at least two years’ experience in the relevant subject area. Candidates without a PhD with strong industrial experience will also be considered.
- A strong record of oligonucleotide synthesis, purification, and analysis of oligonucleotides
- Expertise in nucleoside chemistry and chemical modifications of oligonucleotides.
- Proven ability to conduct self-directed research, troubleshooting and work effectively in a dynamic environment with a diverse team.
- Experience in using Dr Oligo 96 or similar synthesis platforms.
Preferred Skills and Expertise:
- Knowledge of aptamer therapeutics, aptamer generation, or aptamer discovery.
- Background experience in development, production, and purification of novel phosphoramidites for integration into oligo synthesis workflows
What’s on offer?
- Free Parking
- Annual leave starting at 20 days, plus statutory holidays, rising by one per completed calendar year to a maximum of 25 days
- Standard Pension Scheme
- Great working environment
- Early finish every last Friday of the month!
“The above list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.”
Please apply using the apply button with a copy of your CV and a covering letter.